- being responsive to new opportunities
- focus on the heart of the mission
- revise the way you measure your impact (keeping in mind that the ways to connect to people are ever-changing).
To view this video on your mobile device, visit www.shelbyinc.com/mobilemerrychristmas.
- First off, I’d like to mention the Salvation Army… one of Shelby Systems’ clients that works internationally to feed, shelter and clothe those who need the most.
- Another great organization is Habitat for Humanity, an ecumenical Christian housing organization building simple, decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
- One group that has become really important to us this year (in Memphis) is the Orange Mound Outreach Ministries, which is an inner city group that welcomes children five days a week to participate in Bible study, arts and crafts, receive help with homework, and spend time with Christian adults. A meal is given to the children once a day and for some, it is their only meal of the day. If you are not located in Memphis, you can still get involved with a similar organization near you.
- Another one of Memphis’ treasures, and probably one that is better known to you, is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. St. Jude is known for its research and treatment of children with cancer, and a cool thing that sticks out to me is that they promise to never turn a family away if they are unable to pay. This makes St. Jude a great organization to consider with your donations.
- My final suggestion is the Ronald McDonald House program. Focused on the health and well-being of children, the Ronald McDonald House provides a “home-away-from-home” for families so that they can stay close by their hospitalized child at little or no cost.
“I have worked lots of different PR programs and I think Shelby is one of the best. We are small but I still love how easy it is to use. I say go for it. It will pay for itself in just a few months.”
-Sue Nichols- Parish Manager at St. Margaret of Scotland Catholic Church
“Shelby Payroll is a great program. We used ADP for several years, but pulled it in-house in 1995 and are SO glad we did. Periodically, my boss will ask if we should consider outsourcing – but so far, I see no reason why we should. Doing it ourselves may cost us a bit more time for the reporting side of things, but we save way more money in ADP fees than we spend on the salary for our employees to do it for us.
I would also recommend the third party product, Time-Clock Plus. It interfaces with Shelby and eliminates manual entry of hours. Shelby Systems actually uses this for their payroll processing.”
-Cindy Rose- Finance/Accounting Manager at Christian Life Center
The minister’s “quirks” are handled very easily. The data input is about as simple as it gets, and you have to do the data part of it even if you outsource.
I will say, however, that we are blessed not to have the nasty stuff–garnishments, out-of-state people, etc. But, Shelby has a place for those things, too. It’s all in how it’s set up. Once the setup is done correctly, the thing just about runs itself! I don’t think I could ever be convinced to outsource.”
-Lori Manning at Zoar Baptist ChurchOur clients are so important to us and we appreciate all of you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to leave a comment below and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. I sound like a recording on an answering machine, don’t I?