Shelby customers from across the world are checking in now to ISC 2017. Attendees receive a friendly greeting from the Shelby Staff along with a gift bag and class schedule. Expect BIG Things is this year’s theme and over 200 sessions are available. Pre-ISC morning sessions are scheduled today from 8 – 11 am. After lunch the Pre-ISC afternoon sessions continue from 1 – 4:30 pm. First time attendees are invited to an Oreinetation get-together from 5:30 – 6 pm. Check the Shelby Blog daily for updates and highlights from ISC this year.
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
The AV crew worked through the night and stage set-up is getting closer to completion. The team has created a huge wall that will display motion graphics, video and lyrics during the morning sessions at the conference. You may also notice the Shelby Suite logos beneath the Imag screens. Pre-ISC attendees are checking in now. The excitement is building. The conference officially kicks off tomorrow morning. Be watching for more details coming soon.
We have arrived in Dallas, TX and are setting up the stage for three incredible days at ISC 2017. You are looking at the Crystal Ballroom in the InterContinental Hotel. Click the image above to see a short video of the set up on day one. Brad Hill (President of Ministry Brands) will deliver his keynote address from this platform on Wednesday morning. Love & The Outcome will lead us in praise and worship in this room on Thursday morning. And we will be giving away some great prizes to attendees on Friday. Check back with the Shelby Blog daily for more updates and highlighters from ISC all week long.
Shelby Systems is preparing for an amazing week. ISC 2017 will be June 14 – 16 in Dallas, TX. Today we are loading the truck with computers, equipment and lots of valuable information that will be shared at this year’s conference. Just click the image above to watch a short video clip of today’s activities. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn, network and worship with hundreds of ministry workers from across the world. Visit shelbysystems.com/isc to learn more, but hurry time is running out.
Keep up with all of the exciting news and events from International Shelby Conference 2017 in Dallas, TX by visiting our Shelby Blog. We will be posting highlights from the conference daily from June 14 – 16, 2017. If you are attending ISC this year, you can relive some of the best moments by watching a short video and reading a summary of the day’s activities. If you will not be attending ISC 2017, you can still get in on some of the excitement by watching and reading our Shelby Blog. We will be talking with some of the attendees to see how they benefited from the conference most. Remember to visit Shelby Blog (blog.shelbysystems.com) every day between June 14 – 16, and be watching for our daily ISC 2017 updates.
ISC 2017 in Dallas, TX is just around the corner. We have an amazing conference prepared for you. Part of the experience is a morning of praise and worship with Love & The Outcome (June 15). You are probably already familiar with L&TO’s radio hits (He is With Us, King of My Heart, The God I Know), but we thought you might like to get to know some of their other worship songs as well. Just click the image above to watch their “Strangers” music video. Shot in the California dessert, this video is designed to look like movie credits. The lyrics for the song are printed in purple. It’s not too late to join us for ISC 2017 where L&TO will be leading us in praise and worship. Just visit www.shelbysystems.com/isc for more details. Enjoy the video!
Staff bios help guests and church members relate better to those who are charged with the spiritual care of a congregation. While they don’t have to be exhaustive, there are a few items to consider including in each church staff member’s bio.
1. A current, professional photo of the staff member. The number of church staff pages that just list names and nothing else is puzzling. Photos help people identify with the church. Having a professional photo that is current for each staff member communicates that a church cares about details and is doing things well.
2. Information about what their job entails. With the growing number of unorthodox job titles in churches, there is often confusion over what area of ministry a staff member relates to. For example, a “creative arts director” could work with the worship ministry, the media ministry, the communications team, or all three. Provide clarity for each staff member so that someone can easily identify to whom they can direct questions or ideas.
3. How long they’ve been at the church. It’s not an essential item, but it is helpful. Knowing how long a staff person has been at a church provides context to visitors and members. There is a catch with this approach though. If you say “Joe has been on staff for 12 years,” then you have to update it every year. Try a format like “Joe joined the staff as student minister in 2005” instead.
4. Social media profiles. I understand that many people still do not have social media profiles or want them shared. But consider providing at least some social media connection if at all possible. Each staff member could pick the one social media platform they prefer and use it. Or you could list all available platforms. The specifics don’t matter as long as there’s at least some way to connect with the staff other than email.
5. An email address. Other than a picture, this might be the most important part of a staff bio. Contacting a church staff member should be as easy as possible. And email is the best way to allow for that contact to take place without providing too much personal information.
6. Personal information. If any of these could be considered optional, it would be this one. However, like a picture, personal information (likes, dislikes, alma maters, spouse and kids’ names) helps people better relate to the staff. So if it’s possible, then include it.
Source: Lifeway Christian Resources