For generations, everyone from carpenters to construction engineers has known one secret to building a sound structure — measure twice, cut once. This simple rule about being prepared applies to any building project from cabinets to condominiums. But, it also applies when choosing the right software solution for your church.
So how can we better prepare when choosing software? Simple. Just remember EPPRA — Evaluate, Plan, Prepare, Reassess, and Act.
- What are the biggest challenges you have in your ministry?
- How well does your current solution work in helping you address those challenges?
- What would your ideal solution include?
- Is your current solution scalable? Can it grow with your church?
- What is your budget and implementation time frame for a church management solution?
- Do you have staffing in place capable of addressing the demands of new software?
- Are there any additional costs to consider such as new hardware, additional
support or training?
- Begin researching solutions, viewing product demonstrations
- Take advantage of the free trials offered by most software providers to see firsthand how it can work for you.
- Get input and buy-in from others in your ministry’s office. This will make the transition smoother.
- Clean up your database. No need to add extra work moving old or outdated information.
- Once you’ve narrowed down your options, compare the pros and cons of your current solution with the solution you are considering.
- Does the new solution meet your views of an ideal solution?
Like a strong building, a successful ministry is built on a good foundation. If you take the time to “measure twice, cut once” when choosing a software solution for your church you will end up with a stronger solution that will make the business of ministry much easier and more efficient. For over 40 years, Shelby Systems has been helping churches, organizations and ministries large and small operate more efficiently so they can spend more time with people and less time on paperwork. Let us show you how we can do the same for you and your ministry. Call us anytime at 800.877.0222.