The late great Zig Ziglar (a past keynote speaker for our International Shelby Conference) would have celebrated his 88th birthday this month. To commemorate the occasion, the Ziglar ministry gave away free copies of his last published ebook “Born to Win.” In chapter two, Begin to Win, here is how the most effective motivational speaker of all time defined Success.
What Success Is:
- Success is knowing that you did a great job when you close the door to your office at the end of each workday and head for home.
- Success is having a home and people to love who love you in return.
- Success is having the financial security to meet your obligations each month and the knowledge that you have provided that security for your family in the event of your demise.
- Success is having the kind of faith that lets you know where to turn when there seems to be no place to turn.
- Success is having an interest or hobby that gives you joy and peace.
- Success is knowing who you are, and Whose you are.
- Success is taking good care of you and waking up healthy each day.
- Success is slipping under the covers at the end of the day and realizing with gratitude that, “It just doesn’t get much better than this!”
Shelby Systems exists to help make you and your ministry a success. We especially desire to assist you with accomplishing goal number one from Mr. Ziglar’s list.
“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
Shelby Interview with Zig Ziglar: